Tuesday, January 6, 2009

90210 is Back

90210 is back tonight. I am excited about it, but I feel like the overwhelming majority of people could care less. Why are so many people giving up on this show? Don't you remember how bad the first season of BH9er was? Brandon had a ridiculous hockey player mullet, Steve had a perm mullet, and the actress that played Andrea Zuckerman was literally 29 years old and playing a high school sophomore.

I think 90210 has been entertaining so far. High school dramas take awhile to develop characters and storylines so I am definitely not turning my back on the show yet. I think it was a huge mistake to take a 7-week hiatus -- it will undoubtedly cost them a lot of viewers. It was also weird that Ryan (the teacher) made out with the 21 Jump Street wannabe seconds after finding out she was a cop and was 25 years old, despite the fact that he had previously believed that she was one of his teenage students. The Brenda-Kelly drama seems a little forced, but I like that the writers have utilized past characters to branch into the new generation.

If you've ever told me that "Privileged" is better than 90210 (you know who you are), tonight is the night to give 90210 another chance and stop making ludicrous statements like that.

No comments: