Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ramblings

  • Kentucky Grilled Chicken? WTF?

  • Much to my dismay, “90210” has already jumped the shark. It has sucked ever since the first few episodes, but it officially jumped when Silver turned crazy. Mischa Barton would have been proud of the scene where Silver threw a wine bottle at Mr. Matthews and told him to “fix it!” Lady, you’re scaring me. Barring an unexpected turnaround, I will never discuss this show on the blog again.

  • I won't knock it until I try it, but I don't understand the fascination with Twitter. Why do I give a shit what Ashton Kutcher is doing right now? My least favorite part about Facebook is the status updates -- yet updating your status seems to be the ENTIRE premise of Twitter. By the way, the only thing lamer than being on Facebook is not being on Facebook and frequently perusing the site on your spouse's account. You're not fooling anyone.

  • For my money, the best commercials on TV right now are the talking baby ones from E*TRADE. I love watching this tot flex his golden pipes.




  • I’m starting to think Greg Paulus doesn’t care about playing college football as much as he wants attention. Greg, it’s an easy decision: go to Syracuse and back to relative mediocrity. Check out this t-shirt that follows Greg’s college football recruiting tour:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=paulus/090430&sportCat=ncb

  • “Southland” is the best new show on TV. It rivals any other police drama currently airing. It is impossible to distinguish between Ryan Atwood from “The OC” and Officer Ben Sherman from “Southland” (both played by Ben McKenzie). They are pretty much the same character. I keep waiting for Seth Cohen to pop out of the back of the squad car.

  • I learned of a great new shot today – the LeBomb James. It is a shot of Crown Royal (LeBron’s nickname is King James) placed in a cup of Red Bull (as in a Jager Bomb). After you drop the shot in the Red Bull and chug, you take three packets of Splenda, pour them in your hands, and “baby powder throw” it into the air like Bron Bron does before games. Am I mistaken or did LeBron steal the baby powder toss from KG, who had previously stolen it from Michael Jordan? I think it's weird that the chalk clap is being touted as LeBron's creation.


  • I am surprised to see our old friend Saul Hudson (Slash) on American Idol tonight. It is rock week, but come on Slash. I shouldn’t be watching, but you really shouldn’t be a guest mentor on this show. In my book, you’re still a real mentsh!

  • Colin Cowherd compared Brett Favre (potentially) going to the Vikings to a guy marrying his best friend’s ex-wife. I completely disagree. The Packers and Vikings are rivals, but I have no problem with Favre going to Minnesota. First of all, the Packers didn’t treat Favre with the respect he deserved (although I can’t blame them since he kept changing his mind about retiring). Second, Favre isn’t interested in Minnesota to spite Green Bay – rather, they are just one of the only teams that needs a quarterback. Detroit and Tampa Bay addressed QB problems in the draft. Most other teams are set at the position. I am tired of all the Favre talk, but deep down I hope he comes back again.

2 comments:

GP said...

Agreed. Southland has been a solid addition to NBC's Thursday night lineup. Go back and watch the first episode and tell me that isn't Oliver that they pull over. I'd bet you the price of an all you can eat crab leg night at the Commons that it is.

Chopchizzle said...

It was definitely Oliver -- I was waiting for Ryan Atwood to punch him in face for wheezing all over Marissa.