Sunday, March 15, 2009

March Madness 2009


I have been blogging about nothing but basketball recently, but it's March -- so get used to it. The brackets came out tonight, and I think the committee made the right decisions for the most part (although I don't think Arizona should have gotten in). To me, the most intriguing 1st round match-ups are as follows: UCLA-VCU, LSU-Butler, Boston College-USC, West Virginia-Dayton, and Tennessee-Oklahoma State. I would not be shocked to see VCU win two games in this year's tourney. Even though I am not a huge fan of office pools, I will fill out a bracket for office use this year. [http://chopculture.blogspot.com/2008/03/march-madness-pools-bad-gus-johnson.html]


I don't want to post my entire bracket on here (in case co-workers read this post and steal my brilliant picks), but I will reveal my national champion (PITT) and my sleeper pick (GONZAGA). My overrated pick goes to SYRACUSE -- I see them losing in the 2nd round. I am pumped about this year's bracket. I am very confident that we will not see all four #1 seeds in Detroit. Per usual, Dickie V has all the #1 seeds advancing to the Final Four. I think Dickie V fills out his bracket in 30 seconds or less.

If you need some more inspiration to get excited for the madness, please enjoy a video compilation of the best March Madness announcer ever -- Gus "Rise n Fire" Johnson:

No comments: